On Friday, February 25, 2016, United States District Court Judge Stengel issued a written opinion dismissing former Pennsylvania State University coaches Joseph “Jay” Paterno’s and William Kennedy’s lawsuit against their former employer, Penn State.
In Paterno, et. al v. The Pennsylvania State University, No. 14-4365, former Penn State assistant coaches Paterno and William commenced litigation in the United States District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania alleging that their former employer:
- Violated their civil rights for the deprivation of their liberty and property interest without due process of law pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 1983;
- Intentionally interfered with prospective contractual relations;
- Committed civil conspiracy associated with the deprivation of their federal civil rights;
- Violated Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law, 43 P.S. 260, et.; and,
- Breached the contracts between them.