slip and fall on snow injuryNow that parts of NJ and PA have seen their first snowfall of the year, it is important to remember that all of this snow makes for dangerous walking conditions. As the amount of snow accumulation continues to increase, so does the chance of being hurt as a result of slipping on ice or snow.

What to do is you slip and fall from snow on someone else’s property?

There are a few things that you should do if you are hurt on someone’s property as a result of snow or ice.

Seek Medical Attention

The first thing is to be sure that you seek medical attention. If you are seriously hurt, you should call 911 and wait for an ambulance.

Notify Property Owner

Next, you should notify the property owner so that they may correct the dangerous condition. You do not want anyone else to be hurt as you were. Also, this will help prove that you were really hurt on their property. If you are hurt on a commercial property, they may want you to complete a report or give them a statement. Be careful when doing this. They will usually try to use whatever you tell them against you later.

Take Pictures!

Pictures. Pictures. Pictures. If possible, you should take pictures of the dangerous condition. If you have a digital camera or cell phone with a camera built in, take several pictures of the area where you were hurt. Pictures can be very valuable in proving that the dangerous condition existed. Also, it will prove that the property owner should have taken care of the condition before you were hurt. These pictures could help you win your case.

Speak to a Slip & Fall Attorney

Your next call should be to an attorney that handles slip and fall cases. At Stark & Stark we handle these cases every day. We will have experts that will want to inspect the dangerous condition as soon as possible. Also, we will want to make sure that you are fully compensated for the damages that you suffered.

Contact one of our attorneys today for a free case evaluation.