As an attorney who has been born and raised in a union family, I always have concerns over what is going on with unions. While I represent any and all people who have been injured or killed in car accident, industrial accident, medical malpractice, motorcycle accidents, work accidents or by defective products, I take a special interest when it comes to union families.
Recently I came across a study of unions in America. Union membership has been declining for decades. In the last year however the percentage of American Workers in unions basically remained unchanged. Some of the states that remain union strong however are:
Top 5 states with the strongest unions are:
1. New York is the strongest with 24. 3 percent of worker being union
2 Alaska 23.1 percent of workers are union
3. Hawii- 22.1 percent of workers are union
4. Washington- 18.9 percent of workers are union
5. Rhode Island- 16.9 percent of workers are union
The 5 states with the weakest unions are:
1. North Carolina is the weakest with 3.0 percent of workers being union
2. Arkansas- 3.5 percent of workers are union
3. Mississippi- 3.6 percent of workers are union
4. South Carolina- 3.7 percent of workers are union
5. Utah- 3.9 percent of workers are union
If you or a loved one has been injured, contact Stark & Stark today.