The warm weather is here and there is an increase in the number of motorcycles on the roads. Below are ten motorcycle safety tips to keep you save this summer:
- Make eye contact with drivers. Don’t assume the other drivers see you.
- Watch “vehicle behavior” as you approach. Oftentimes, vehicles misjudge speed and distance.
- Watch for “left-turn” intersections. Left turns into the path of a motorcycle are the most frequent accident. Be extra careful when you see a vehicle in the left turn lane.
- Watch when turning left from a highway.
- Watch for hazardous road conditions such as wet roads, fluid spills, sand, gravel and potholes (especially after this winter).
- Slow down around curves.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Always wear riding gear designed for motorcycle riders.
- Always protect your eyes and face with a full face helmet or built in face shield.
- Wear bright, reflective clothing in order to be clearly seen by others.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact Stark & Stark today for your free consultation.