It’s been a hard Winter. Snow and ice are everywhere. Driving in these conditions is a challenge.
We should all check our cars in order to drive more safely. Here are some basic things that you should consider:
- Be sure that you have the proper amount of anti-freeze in your car;
- Tires – since cold weather reduces the pressure in your tires, you should check them frequently and maintain the proper amount of pressure;
- Put an emergency kit in your car. You should include in the kit, blankets, a flashlight with extra batteries, a first-aid kit, a small shovel, drinking water, and jumper cables;
- Make sure that your windshield wipers do not need replacing;
- Replace cracked, glazed or frayed drive belts and visibly worn, excessively soft or bulging coolant hoses; and
- Drive more slowly. We all know that helpless feeling when you are skidding on ice.
Be safe. Spring will be here soon.