Were you injured by a drunk driver?
Alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes kill someone every 32 minutes. Last year alone, over one million people nationwide were injured in alcohol-related traffic crashes. In Pennsylvania and New Jersey, thousands were hurt by a drunk driver. If you or someone you love have been injured as a result of a drunk driving accident, whether as a passenger or as a pedestrian, the most important step you can take toward preserving your rights for a full recovery and compensation is to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your case. When a drunk person gets behind the wheel of a car, truck, motorcycle or boat the results can be tragic.

Dram Shop Liability
Dram shop liability refers to the responsibility of the tavern, restaurant or other business that sells or provides alcohol to an obviously intoxicated person or a minor who then causes harm to another. A party host or a person who provided alcohol to a party can also be held liable for injuries suffered by a victim of a drunk driver. Dram shop liability laws vary widely by state in regards to serving alcohol to an intoxicated person. Most states hold the retailers who know or should have known they are selling alcohol to obviously intoxicated people or minors accountable.

Full Tort Status
In Pennsylvania, if you are hit by someone that is convicted of drunk driving, you will be considered full tort status and you will be able to recover for all of your damages, including pain and suffering.  This is true even if you selected limited tort on your automobile insurance policy.